Sunday Post: Natural Resources
Jake’s theme for this week is natural resources…click here to go to his page, find out about his challenge and have a look at other bloggers’ photos..or maybe join in?
This weeks challenge was hard for me. I had to look up what Natural Resources are being used here in Indiana. It is amazing to learn about several of these resources that are here in Indiana.
” A region’s natural resources are important to its economy, sustaining jobs and livelihoods. They also have value as cultural and recreational resources, so it is important to support and keep natural resources for the benefit of future generations. In Indiana, this responsibility falls mainly to the Department of Natural Resources (DNR), which manages and conserves the state’s natural resources.” Read more: List of Natural Resources in Indiana | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7287423_list-natural-resources-indiana.html#ixzz2DCTSA02l
- Timber and Forestry–Indiana has 13 state forests and 85 % of those forestry land is privately owned. Indiana has two tree nurseries managed by the DNR’s Forestry Division.
- Gas and Oil–there are about 500 oil fields in the state.
- Indiana Waterways–mainly used for navigational and recreational purposes, like boating and fishing.
- Coal–Approximately 70% of local coal production comes from surface mining.
Below is a photo that my cousin put on Pinterest of our grandparents farm. The windmill, used to pump water into the tank. Today, the windmill still works, but the well went dry about 5 years ago.
Farmland here in Indiana. This field is soon ready to be harvested. The field corn will be used to feed farm animals.
This year, I noticed several home vegetable gardens than in past years. The struggling economy and poor job outlook could be the main reasons. Canning your vegetables saves money and usually lasts into the middle of the following planting season.
Come and join in on the fun; the following are the steps to follow.
1. Each week, we’ll provide a theme for creative inspiration. Show the world based on your interpretation what you have in mind for the theme, and post them on your blog anytime before the following Sunday when the next photo theme will be announced.
2. Subscribe to jakesprinter so that you don’t miss out on weekly challenge announcements. Sign up via the email subscription link in the sidebar or RSS.
GET THE BADGE FOR YOUR IMAGE WIDGET….
- SUNDAY POST : Natural Resources (jakesprinters.wordpress.com)
- sunday post : natural resources (bodhisattvaintraining.wordpress.com)
- World extracts 60 billion tons of natural resources last 25 years, one fifth go waste – OECD (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Why Natural Resource Depletion Must Factor in National Debt Ratings (sustainablebusiness.com)
- Sunday Post: Natural Resources (patriciaddrury.com)